Wednesday, November 6, 2013

let's fly a kite...

My youngest was crying. 
 
My middle son had sat on him. 
 
Why?  My middle son said he was bored.  I started giving him suggestions of things to do.  He dramatically declared every one on of my suggestions as boring, laid down on the floor and also started to cry. 
 
My patience was wearing thin. 
 
My oldest son and Dad walk through the house, heading for the door.  My husband was carrying a kite and my oldest son a huge grin. 
 
The crying instantly vanished as my youngest boys scrambled to get their shoes on and follow their dad and brother out the door. 
 
We flew a kite.    
It was a windy day and the strong gusts lifted the kite high up in the air.  The boys eyes' were big, and they were running, laughing and taking turns flying the kite. 
It was a good reminder that we just don't know what is around the corner.  
 
And God has the ability to turn crying into joy.  

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV) 
 
This verse has been a pillar of strength for me in my life.  Though tough circumstances, I have had to fix my mind on this verse  and stand firm in God's promises of love, hope and joy.   I have had to let this verse push out negative and discouraging thoughts as I claim God's promise of never leaving me or my loved ones. 
 
Because, I never know what is around the corner.  And God has the ability to turn crying into joy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment