Sunday, February 2, 2014

little moments

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When this parenting-gig is all said and done, I will miss the vacations and the big milestones of my children's life, but what I will miss the most - are the little moments.
They boys begging me to sled. 
The help I get while baking cookies.
My son snuggling with me while playing with my hair.
Then noises of play.
Picking up my boys from school.
Family movie night.
Family dinner.
The funny things my boys say.

I don't mean to paint life as perfect.
As I type this, one son interrupted me to tell me his brother just called him a "punker."

But I have learned over the year how important attitude is and when I choose to see the best in life, it makes me feel happy. I notice God's beauty in every day moments more. 

And life feels more like a celebration.




2 comments: