Friday, February 28, 2014

Once a Month - February

Every time I walk in to work, I am greeted by a sign that says, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

As a family, that is kind of what we are working on - but, we are more specifically trying to be the change that we want to see in ourselves. We are striving to better follow Jesus' calling of sharing God's love to others through giving and serving more. (See the start of our journey here.)

Last month I blogged about how much we loved feed my starving children. (You can read about it here.)  This month, we had an opportunity to work with this organization again and we just had to take it.

Our boys participated with the over 835 volunteers from our church that joined other churches and raised at least $15,000 and packed 3,009,312 meals that were shipped to Nicaragua and Liberia.

This time my husband took the older boys and I stayed home with our youngest son.  When they came home, I asked my boys how it was.  My middle son shrugged and said, "normal."

Yup, that's our goal. To make this giving and serving seem normal. To be the change we want to see in the world and in ourselves. To love our neighbors as ourselves. To share Jesus' love in a tangible way.



No comments:

Post a Comment