Monday, March 31, 2014

laughter

The other day, I was sitting with a soft blanket wrapped around me and a warm drink in my hand watching my boys wrestle.  They pounced on each other like little puppies, wrapping their arms around each other and tumbling around the room.  In this show-of-manhood-type-of-game, they giggled like little girls.  I too began to laugh.  My small giggles turned in to me laughing so hard I was holding my stomach and trying not to spill my tea.

There are moments of being a mother of all boys that mystify me.  This one did.  Never as a little girl would I wrestle my siblings just for fun.  I don't get their constant desire to take each other down. 

But I was having so much fun watching them.

Then this thought popped in to my head: I bet God has fun watching us to something we love.

Life is suppose to be joyful - God makes this clear in how he fills our earth with things that bring us laughter and joy. God takes joy in our happiness.  He takes great delight in us, even rejoicing over us with singing (Zephaniah 3:17). Christ's love for us is "wide and long and high and deep" (Ephesians 3:18). 

And God doesn't make us climb a mountaintop to find him.  He reaches out to us and speaks to us in everyday life.  

In unexpected, ordinary moments he speaks to my heart and reminds me of his love.  When I began
watching my boys wrestle, I didn't think that God would stir my heart to feel his love.  Yet, he did.  

It made me feel grateful - that God loves us all so much that he cares about our happiness.  Maybe I should worry a little less and laugh a little more...and let God's love fill my heart with his joy.



6 comments:

  1. "Maybe i should worry less and laugh more..." How true! Thank you for sharing this precious boys-will-be-boys family moment - I probably would've spilled my tea, too! I thank God everyday for filling my heart with joy - He really does love us, doesn't He? Have a wonderful week - Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does! It is awesome! Thanks for your comment and have a wonderful week also!:)

      Delete
  2. Boy could I relate! I had all girls. Now I have several grandkids who are boys - including 3 who live near me and whom I babysit often. It's a WHOLE other experience - and one I wouldn't trade for the world. All my grandkids are such a sweet blessing and joy from God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I also wouldn't trade it for the world!:)

      Delete
  3. Your boys are adorable! Thanks for stopping by over the weekend and linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party and for the follow. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! I will be excited to swing back over by your blog again!

      Delete