Sunday, April 6, 2014

the ulitmate blog party

I am so inspired and encouraged when I read other mom blogs.  I found this blog link up party and am excited about joining in the fun and finding some more inspirational blogs to follow.  You are suppose to introduce yourself, so here I go...

 
 My name is Cheryl and I am a wife and a mother of three amazing little boys.  Once I became a mom, my perspective completely changed.  I find that when I get up before my kids and have time to sort through my thoughts, I am a happier mom.  So, I decided to start a blog.

I really wanted the blog title "my life as a mom," but I saw it was already taken.  I am pretty sure it said since 2007, but the webpage was completely blank.  I had to laugh.  A blank blog about motherhood somehow seems accurate.  It tells me the person that started the blog was probably busy being a mom and didn't have time to actually write in her blog.

Someday my blog might also be blank.  If so, rest assured I am still fully immersed in motherhood.  But until that day, I will take time through writing and photography to reflect on what I have learned in motherhood and how God speaks to me through this role.

Why?

When I have taken time to write and reflect I see things a little clearer.  I can see the beauty in motherhood, despite how demanding and exhausting it can be.  I feel more grateful.  I can see God's hand in our daily lives, which makes my faith stronger and gives my heart peace.  My stronger faith in the intentional and loving God who created us all gives me confidence to be me, the person God created me to be.

But most of all, I blog, because it makes me happy.  A happy mom makes a happy home.

Thank you for stopping by my blog! XO!

6 comments:

  1. I totally understand about being happy while blogging. I started blogging years ago for an outlet from mothering and homeschooling. We moved a lot in our early years of marriage so this was my 'social' outlet. I look forward to reading more of your blog. I'm stopping by from the UBP2014..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lynn. Thanks for leaving a note - I also enjoyed checking out your blog.

      Delete
  2. A blank blog post because you are in the sweet depths of motherhood. Precious! There is something lovely about that! So glad to have found you, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from UBP...love your crafty ideas. Seeing your picture reminds me of remodeling our kitchen 20 years ago. I still love my kitchen...it's the center of our home. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

    Kerry
    http://HowToHomeschoolMyChild.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kerry. I am excited to swing by your blog and check it out!

      Delete