Tuesday, May 13, 2014

my beautiful mom-moment


I had a really amazing mom-moment on Mother's Day.  The busyness of life paused and the joyful moment unfolded in slow motion.

I had gone away for a relaxing and refueling girls weekend at one of my good friend's cabins.  Over the years, I have learned the importance of having me-time to rejuvenate my soul and give me a fresh batch of energy and renewed positive perspective so that I am a better person.  But even though my head knows this, as I was about to leave for me weekend, my heart felt a prick of guilt and I doubted if I really wanted to leave my family for a couple of days.

But the weekend was just what I needed. My friend and I drove home Sunday morning feeling refreshed and renewed.

I beat my family home by about 5 minutes.  As my friend pulled into my driveway to drop me off, I saw sitting in front of the garage a vertical planter my husband had built me.  It was full of hand written letters from our boys telling me what they loved about me.  I was taking pictures and reading the letters when my husband pulls up with our kids. Our boys little noses were pressed against the car window, their excitement clear. 

The next moment was a reunion of complete joy as each boy clambered out of the van to hug and kiss me and give me their homemade Mother's Day gifts.  I loved listening to my husband tell me how his inspiration for making me the planter. There were smiles and laughter and cake and joy.

I never want to forget Mother's Day this year. I felt deeply loved. The moment will be etched my heart forever as one of my favorite mom moments ever.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment