Friday, May 16, 2014

Today, I did something big...

I did something big today. I submitted my book proposal.

Yes, I wrote a book.  It took my seven years total.  It is a faith journey, of things I have learned over the years.  I spent five years journaling, one year to write the book and one year to edit it. (Which I am technically still working a little bit on editing – is one truly ever done editing a book?)
I had been active in MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) and had two articles published in their MomSense magazine. I had seen on the MOPS website that they were accepting book proposals, so I decided that at the end of my intentional faith journey, I would write a book and submit it to MOPS. 
Last fall, after I had finished my book but was still working on revisions, I looked on the MOPS page to find the guidelines for a book proposal so I could officially submit my book. They had taken the guidelines off their website. 

Gasp. I don’t think I could breathe for a few minutes straight.

I emailed the generic MOPS email account asking for the guidelines and was told they were not longer accepted unsolicited book proposals.

Gasp. I am still trying to find breath.
Simultaneously, I had emailed the person I worked with at MomSense magazine when my articles were published.  She. Was. Awesome.   She told me there indeed were not accepting unsolicited book proposals, but she gave me the direct email of their publishing manager.

Hope.  How I love hope.
So, I sent it off.  Today.  Right now.

I feel nervous, scared of rejection, and incredible proud of myself.
But mainly, I feel grateful that God lead me on this journey.  It has changed my heart.  I feel closer to Jesus. I can better hear his voice speak  daily to my heart through ordinary life.  I have grown tremendously. I am a healthier person. And in writing this book, I have found myself praising God more. This book has been a way for me to worship my Creator.

I will keep you posted on what happens.
In the meantime, I am going to enjoy this feeling of accomplishment.

12 comments:

  1. Just stopped by for the first time - amazing how when we do what He has created us to do, we feel closer to Him. Can't wait to hear what happens- love your bog post about getting older too! Have a good weekend- Tiffany www.thelovelymosaic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tiffany. I just checked out your blog. Love it - added it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! What a major accomplishment and huge step of faith. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A success no matter the outcome! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for all your encouragement! Xo!

      Delete
  5. You are so gifted and have so much goodness and wisdom to offer. How lucky we will all be to hold that book in our hands, Cheryl! You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, you have been an amazing part of this journey. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. So proud of you, Cheryl! You inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete