Thursday, June 5, 2014

His hope...

 


Today was the last day of  school and I was surprised at how sad I felt. 

I have been looking forward to school being done and being home with my boys for months weeks.  But instead of feeling the mounted anticipation of excitement, I was sad.  As we snapped these last day of school pictures, I was overwhelmed with how big my boys have become.  Yesterday, they were babies.  I mourn the days when we have the whole day in front of us with nothing to do but be together.

But, if those sweet days had not passed and my boys were still babies, I wouldn't know them as well.  I wouldn't know who they are and what they like to do and what they think about. I would miss the blessing of really knowing them as they grow and change and their personalities emerge.

When I cling to the past, I have a hard time enjoying the present and looking forward to the future.

And God gives us all some big promises about our future.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah, 29:11, NIV)

God's hope is always in our future.  His hope, His love, His presence...

I wonder what new treasures I will discover about God's daily presence and love as I enjoy my growing boys this summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment