Monday, August 18, 2014

Noticing God's Daily Goodness

Recently, my four-year-old son did not cry at the doctor's office when he got his shots.

This has never happened in our home before. 

He sat there like a brave little soldier and watched as the nurse gently put a shot in each arm.   Minutes earlier he had been crying. His little body shook at the thought of shots until my oldest son said to him, "Shots don't hurt if you relax your body.  They really don't, I promise."  (I smiled at my oldest because when he got his five-year-old shots he screamed and flung his arms and legs around in escaping-octopus-style. The lady administering the shots called for two additional nurses to help hold him down. When it was over, my son cried and moaned as if mortally wounded while he held his leg and hopped on one foot down the long hall, past everyone in the waiting room and out the door. It all occurred in slow motion.  I promise.  And everyone was watching us.  Everyone.  This kid will get a best actor award some day.)

But in calmness and with the authority of someone who knew, my oldest told his little brother to relax and it wouldn't hurt.  My youngest listened and it worked.

Then, we left the doctor's office and ran to the grocery store.  We were in a hurry so with planned synchronization, we all grabbed the food we needed and rushed to check out.  As we walked out of the store I heard, "Ma' am! Ma' am!" shouted over the creaking of the sliding doors. I turn around to see a man running after me trailed by the cashier, who was limping along as she held my wallet in the air.

Grateful they didn't let me leave the store without my wallet, I thanked them.  We walked out the door and my oldest son commented, "Thank goodness the wallet didn't end up the in trash." 

I knew what he was talking about. Weeks earlier, I had taken the boys to Subway and mistakenly thrown my credit card away with our trash.  It took us an hour to figure this out and when we drove back to the restaurant and talked to the manager, he has already changed the trash bags.  I told him I would search through the thrown out trash bag, yet in his kindness, he had a worker do it for me. It took a few minutes, but with a big grin on his face, the manager came back holding my credit card.

A little brother who looks up to his big brother so much, he will listen to his advice. 

A big brother who loves his little brother so much, he encourages him. 

An honest shopper and a cashier, who despite her limp, chased me to make sure I didn't forget my wallet. 

A manager at subway who kindly and without complaining had a worker dig through the trash for my credit card. 

God's goodness.  In daily life.  It surrounds me.  It surrounds you.

Notice.

Feel His daily presence in your Life.  Feel His love.
 
 

 Grateful to be linked to these blogs & Christian Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment