Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Courage

Courage is where I am in my faith.

I have better learned how to discern God's voice in my life; to feel His gentle nudge and interpret what He writes on my heart.  I believe that He gives me - just like everyone else - talents and gifts. I believe He uses the desires of my heart and these gifts to lead me in His direction.

I can sit and think that these thoughts are lovely, yet be scared to actually follow Him.

I admire the courage that I see in others: courage to retire, leave all things comfortable and move near your daughter; courage to take a new job that requires your family to move; courage to quit a job that doesn't feel right; courage to teach Sunday School when it is out of your comfort zone; courage to take time for yourself and develop whatever your craft is in the midst of all the busyness; courage to carry on despite pain and hardships; courage to dream big; courage to know when to pull back and when to push forward; courage to be a good wife and mother....

So, in my life, I pray for courage.  I pray that I will be brave enough follow His voice.  I pray for courage to believe that God sees me as enough, exactly as I am.  I pray to know that God can use my life to point others to His love, peace and hope that He so freely gives.

When I saw this piece of art, I was moved.  It spoke to me of this courage. Courage to follow my heart. Courage to follow Jesus.

I will never be too old to remind myself that life takes courage. I surprised myself and bought the art for our bedroom. (Our DIY Bathroom/Bedroom remodel is almost done!)

What lovely words to look at each day.
 
As a side note - I found out my blog post on, "A Morning Prayer" was featured on Beautiful Ashes.  I am always a little amazed when another blogger chooses to feature one of my posts.  Grateful.
 

10 comments:

  1. Courage is so needed to live out our faith. I love the picture with such empowering words. Great way to start each day and face life! Stopping by from the Hearted Home Linkup. Blessings on your week! Cathy from cathyzpeek.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading your comment. Thank you!:)

      Delete
  2. I love that picture! I was reminded of the need to live courageously when I realized that I was instilling fear in my daughters by overprotecting them and not encouraging them to take a little risk and try new things. It becomes a little easier to make myself take that step when I see the example I am setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you! I will see fear in my sons and know that they are learning that for me. Ugh! Parenting can be hard. Life can be hard. I was encouraged by your story. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful quote! I love the call to be courageous! It's truly how the Lord would want us to live. Thanks for linking up with the Faith and Fellowship blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks for hosting such a great link up!

      Delete
  4. I really loved this. Thank you. I pray for courage everyday being a mother. And at the moment, for the courage to talk truthful things to myself instead of listening to myself {which is easier, especially if it's negative!}. Coming by Mom 2 Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is easier to listen to the negative sometimes. Knowing God's truths has become so important to me. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh this is soooo pretty and so true!! God was us to fear Him, but not to fear the life He created for us. He wants us to serve Him with a faithful and fearless heart. This post you did was such a beautiful, gentle and awesome reminder. I love that pic too! So very true and what a great reminder to read each day!! Also, congrat's on your blog being posted! Yaaay for you!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete