Friday, December 19, 2014

Bathroom Remodel


My husband and I bought an older home that needed updated.  Fixing up an old house has been a bucket list thing for us.  My favorite thing about this whole DIY remodeling our home thing is how fun it is to see what my husband comes up with.  Carpentry is my husband's hobby and stress reliever and I had no idea how good at it he was until we started on this house.  He amazes me.  Here is what he did to our downstairs bathroom.

Before pictures:  I am so terrible at before pictures.  We just jump into the project and totally forget.  I had to dig up an old photo of the bathroom.  That kid is awful cute, but the bathroom really isn't.  It doesn't look too bad in the photo but the sink leaked so the vanity had water damage.  The tile is broken and outdated - gold flecks.  The mirror window thing was just a waste of space. The floor was hard to get clean and had paint all over it.  Everything was old - it needed updating


Here are the after photos:

Linked to: Remodelaholic

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!!! Looks so great! I love bead board so much. That shelf unit is really nice. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! The shelf is my favorite part! It was our solution to what to do with the hole in the wall where the mirror/window once was. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but ended up loving our solution.

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful! I wanted an older house for these reasons. We were able to snag a really great, needs little in terms of actual repairs, house that's 50 years old!

    It's been fun so far, just in the little we've done. It's great to imagine or re-imagine a space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It is fun to re-imagine a space and make it your own. A lot of work. The shows on TV sure make it seem easier than it is!:) But, fun!

      Delete
  3. Just say Wow its simple and beautiful especially the white theme.I hope you will share another good post. I read about Bathroom Remodeling Austin you can check out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This transformation is amazing, your husband is very talented. We lived in an old house with an awful bathroom for several years. The positive difference having an attractive and functioning bathroom can make shouldn't be underestimated! It is not easy to update a room and keep to the style of an older house, but you have accomplished both flawlessly.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete