Sunday, April 19, 2015

When Mama Knows Best

This weekend, we headed out of town to visit friends.
 
Packing for a trip involves me being a perfectionist. (Meaning, I drive myself and everyone else a little crazy.) I needed this trip to be relaxing, so I decided…no stress, including packing stress. Besides, it was only for one night. If we forgot something, no big deal. So I declared that I was going to be laidback (gasp) and let everyone pack themselves. I even packed my bag in under 10 minutes.
 
Here is what we forgot to... bring: a hairbrush, a toothbrush, one kid’s pajamas, another kid’s shirts, socks, my tennis shoes, flip-flops, floaties and a swimsuit. (But my oldest son who forgot to pack even one shirt to wear brought his trophy for Best Craftsmanship from his Stockade Derby Competition. He set it on the nightstand so it would be near him while he slept. Priorities, I guess.) We made do and had a great time, but it would have been nice if we could have all combed our hair. And I missed my tennis shoes.
 
My conclusion: you know those mama-knows-best-so-I-am-going-to-be-a-perfectionist-even-if-it-drives-my-family-a-little-crazy type of moments we as moms have? I think that it’s sometimes okay. Especially when it is for the greater good. (Which it usually is.) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment