Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Best Moments In Life Are Free

My favorite moments from the previous week:

1.  We moved and my parents road-tripped up. Their help was great, but I enjoyed their presence more. Transitions (even good transitions) can be hard for me; I liked that they were simply HERE for this big change.

2.  My constantly-on-the-go middle son, who doesn’t need his mom to read to him anymore, took notice of his little brother and I paging through a book. He paused his kinetic energy and lingered as the words unfolded. Then, he sweetly snuggled next to me, rested his head on my shoulder and listened to the end of the story. (Melt.)

3.  My husband and I had a moment. It’d been a weary month full of uncertainty, stress and change. We had just signed the papers to sell our old house and buy a new house and we exchanged a simple smile. It said: “We did it. We got through this turbulent month. We weren’t always at our best, but we got through. Together. Well done.”

The best moments in life really are for free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment